Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OH?? That's what a singer sounds like? ( Last 10 years/Part 1

Do you know what the chill is? It sometimes feels like ripples of water touching you arm, which sends the chill up and down your spine. Not that many people can say they feel the chill often with some examples being the first kiss, butterflies in you tummy, and the way someone can say something to you with a certain tone that moves you. In this ever declining music industry where bare talent is traded by a pretty face, authentic voices are very scarce, but when you hear one it will always stay with you.

Shingai Shoniwa


















Lead singer of the band "The Noisettes" has a very gritty quality that amplifies when she reaches her high octaves. Not only does she banish stereotypes of people thinking that a black girl can't rock out ( Come on son? Bettie Davis). I could hear her range in any format and it will fit, a true testament of a real singer.

Kameelah Williams ( 702 )


















Something very special happened to me today. I found my 702 cd named appropriately STAR. I have always been a big fan of theirs since before high school. Listening to their music has always brought me to this place of extreme happiness mostly because not only is the lead singers voice silky it's mostly the example of true R&B.( Side Note: R&;B means rhythm and blues not much of that is around now ). I really wish she would jump on a solo career because sometimes...well most of the time when I listen to her it reminds me why I always wanted to sing.

Round 2: Nina Persson... to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment